- Lessons are 40 minutes long, once per week at your reserved time.
- Individual lessons cannot be rescheduled.
- If you need to skip a lesson due to illness, logistics, or an emergency, I will record a video lesson for you.
- Monthly flat rate tuition: $790 per month, billed on the 1st of each month.
- Some months will yield more lessons, some fewer, due to holidays or vacations. Expect 40-48 total lessons per year.
- Enter your credit card info just once, and it will be stored securely and reused each month.
- If you need to stop lessons, please let me know by the 15th of the month, or with at least 2 weeks’ notice, so that I can wrap up your lessons in the most helpful way I can.
- Set up in a quiet area with a robust internet connection.
- Use headphones.
- Plan to sign in to our meeting 5 minutes early in order to tune up and warm up before your lesson starts.
- Have a pencil handy, plus all your lesson materials and gear.
- Students are expected to practice at least 5 days per week.
- The most important time to practice is right after your lesson. That’s when you’ll remember more about what we covered.
- Kids under 13 may start with 15-minute practice sessions and adjust over time.
- Teens and adults may start with 30-minute practice sessions and adjust over time.
- The length of each practice session is not as important as the quality and frequency; the more often you practice with focus and care, the better you’ll internalize what you’re learning.
- Every student gets a private page where you can send me video clips of your playing between lessons for quick feedback.
- Otherwise, email is the best way to get in touch with me, even on short notice: firstname.lastname@example.org.