- Lessons are 40 minutes long, once per week at your reserved time.
- Individual lessons cannot be rescheduled.
- If you need to skip a lesson due to illness, logistics, or an emergency, I will record a video lesson for you.
- Students may stop lessons at any time. I only request two weeks’ notice so that I can wrap up your lessons in the most helpful way I can.
- Monthly flat rate tuition: $690 per month
- Tuition is billed on the 1st of the month, every month. (Some months will yield more lessons, some fewer, due to holidays or vacations. Expect 40-48 weekly private lessons per year.)
- Enter your credit card info just once, and it will be stored securely and reused each month.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to tune up and warm up before your lesson starts.
- Bring all your lesson materials and necessary gear, including your own tuner and/or capo. (I don’t loan mine out; I lose them too easily.)
- Parents of young students are encouraged to sit in on the last 5 minutes of each lesson.
- Set up in a quiet area with a robust internet connection.
- Use headphones.
- Have a pencil handy, plus all your lesson materials and gear.
- Students are expected to practice at least five days per week.
- The most important time to practice is right after your lesson. That’s when you’ll remember more about what we covered.
- Kids under 13 may start with 15-minute practice sessions and adjust over time.
- Teens and adults may start with 30-minute practice sessions and adjust over time.
- The length of each practice session is not as important as the quality and frequency; the more often you practice with focus and care, the better you’ll internalize what you’re learning.
Email is the best way to get in touch with me, even on short notice: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact me anytime with questions, requests, videos, or feedback.